|1. 봄||1||영어학습과 교수의 원리||3||공통전공|
|2||Language Awareness (Phonetics + PG)||3||공통전공|
|4||Advanced Writing (Chris) 3hrs/w||3||Language Skills|
|2. 가을||5||읽기 및 쓰기지도와 교재||3||공통전공|
|8||Advanced Writing II (Martin) 3hrs/w||3||Language Skills|
|3. 봄||9||듣기 및 말하기 지도와 교재||3||공통전공|
|11||영어교육 교육과정 개발||3||교재개발전공|
|4. 가을||12||영어교육과 어휘||3||공통전공|
|14||프로세스 드라마와 리터러시||3||TESOL전공|
|15||논문/작품 연구 1||1||공통전공|
|17||영어교육 디지털 콘텐츠 디자인||3||교재개발전공|
|19||논문/작품 연구 2||1||공통전공|
※ 개설과목은 학기에 따라 조정될 수 있음.
1. 영어학습과 교수의 원리 [Principles of Language Learning & Teaching]This course will familiarize students with theories, methodologies, issues and practices of language learning and teaching. We will examine theories, principles and models in instructed second language acquisition and will evaluate the applicability of recent pedagogical developments in the language skills and systems for L2 learners in the Korean ELT context.
2. 듣기 및 말하기 지도와 교재 [L&S Teaching Techniques and Materials]This course aims to develop learners’ understanding of different approaches to teaching speaking and listening, while at the same time building their confidence to conduct their own lessons. Learners will first partake in a guided reflection of the key aspects of language learners' speaking and listening development today. They will then be guided through a variety of approaches and activities to teaching listening and speaking and begin to design their own mini speaking & listening lesson. Through hands on practice, reflection, and feedback from their peers and professor, learners will gain a deeper understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of various speaking & listening approaches, methods, and activities, and increase their ability to plan and carry out effective lessons.
3. 읽기 및 쓰기 지도와 교재 [R&W Teaching Techniques and Materials]This course is an introduction to teaching the skills of reading and writing to second language (SL) learners (with an emphasis on pre-intermediate level learners and above). You will learn how to apply theory to practice and create effective skills-focused lessons and learning material. By the end of the course, you should be able to design short, pedagogically sound reading/writing units of study.
4. 연구방법론과 데이터 코딩 (Research Methods and data Coding)This course introduces students to research methods in applied linguistics including the application of artificial intelligence to language learning. This course covers the procedures necessary for quantitative and qualitative research in applied linguistics and reads examples from journals in applied linguistics. The main goal of this course is to prepare students to be able to conduct their own research studies. Students will also learn basic mathematics and statistical techniques needed to understand how artificial intelligence for language learning works.
5. 영어교육과 어휘학습 [ELT & Vocabulary]This course focuses on understanding diverse aspects of EFL vocabulary learning and teaching. The course deals with both theoretical studies and practical experiences through reading course books and doing workshops.
6. 언어평가와 인공지능[Language Assessment and Artificial Intelligence] (3 hrs)The goal of this course is to help students build expertise in language assessment. Students will learn the basic theory of language assessment needed to design and analyze language tests. The statistical techniques necessary to analyze language test data will also be covered in the course, and students will learn how to develop and evaluate multiple-choice items, as well as performance assessment items (such as speaking and writing). This course will discuss ways to produce computer-adaptive language tests using artificial intelligence technologies.
7. 유초등 영어지도실습 [Practical Teaching Methodology for Young Learners]This is a practical teaching methodology course for young learners. On a macro-level, teachers will develop a critical self-awareness, observation skills and a sense of self-direction. On a micro-level, teachers will experience of a range of practical tasks and activities exemplifying various aspects of L2 methodology directly applicable to the English language classroom. Feedback sessions will highlight teaching strengths and weaknesses.
8. 중등 영어지도 실습 [Practical Teaching Methodology]This is a practical teaching methodology course. On a macro-level, teachers will develop a critical self-awareness, observation skills and a sense of self-direction. On a micro-level, teachers will experience of a range of practical tasks and activities exemplifying various aspects of L2 methodology directly applicable to the English language classroom. Feedback sessions will highlight teaching strengths and weaknesses.
9. 크리에이티브 드라마 [Creative Drama]This unit is the first step toward educational drama experts. It aims to introduce techniques that combine artistic activities, such as painting, music, or dance with ‘play.’ It is especially effective for young learners who just began to learn English. Through the semester, the basic and practical methods of creative drama will be introduced.
10. 스토리 드라마 [Story Drama]Every drama goes with a story. Story Drama is a stage that helps learners make their own drama integrating pre-learned methods in Creative Drama, Process Drama, and Drama and Literacy. Stories, such as old fairy tales, well-known works of literature, singing, and so on, are everywhere. Different types of stories along with appropriate drama techniques are presented in this unit. Students will learn how to create dramas by utilizing the techniques effectively.
11. 프로세스 드라마 [Process Drama]Process Drama is a process-driven educational drama that works without scripts, and is an effective way to develop students’ creativity, empathy, and critical thinking skills. This unit will show how to play process drama and how to instruct it. Based on this learning experience, students will design their own process drama, and will be instructed by peer teaching with rich feedback from professors and colleagues.
12. 드라마와 리터러시 [Drama and Literacy]Along with the advancement of technology, the meaning of literacy is gradually expanding and changing. Now literacy means the ability to understand the cultural symbolism beyond the mere ability to read and write. Drama and Literacy offers a variety of ways to learn new concepts of literacy through educational drama. It also introduces how to apply drama techniques to ESP courses and Content-Language Integration Classes (CLILs).
13. 논문 연구 1, 2 / 작품 연구 1, 2 [Thesis 1, 2 / Project 1, 2]Through this course, students learn the procedures and methods of writing academic papers or creating professional projects. Students develop their academic or professional interests into master's thesis or master's projects according to the procedures and methods learned in this course.