|학기||구분||TESOL 전공||영어교재개발 전공|
|1. 봄||전공 선택||영어학습과 교수의 원리★
|영어학습과 교수의 원리★
영어교재 분석 및 평가
|공통 선택||영어교육과 빅데이터
Listening & Speaking Essentials
영어교육 현장실습 및 봉사 1
|2. 가을||전공 선택||듣기 및 말하기 지도와 교재★
읽기 및 쓰기 지도와 교재★
|듣기 및 말하기 지도와 교재★
읽기 및 쓰기 지도와 교재★
영어교육 현장실습 및 봉사 2
|3. 봄||전공 선택||영어교육과 어휘학습
논문/작품 연구 1
|영어교육 교육과정 개발
영어교육 콘텐츠 디자인
영어 평가와 프로그램 평가
논문/작품 연구 1
|공통 선택||Refining Academic Writing
영어교육 현장실습 및 봉사 3
|4. 가을||전공 선택||유초등 영어지도실습
논문/작품 연구 2
|영어교육 디지털 콘텐츠 디자인
논문/작품 연구 2
|공통 선택||Business Writing
영어교육 현장실습 및 봉사 4
※ 개설과목은 학기에 따라 조정될 수 있음.
※ 복수전공 시 ★표시 과목은 한 전공의 전공선택으로만 인정함.
1. [Principles of Language Learning & Teaching]This course will familiarize students with theories, methodologies, issues and practices of language learning and teaching. We will examine theories, principles and models in instructed second language acquisition and will evaluate the applicability of recent pedagogical developments in the language skills and systems for L2 learners in the Korean ELT context.
2. [Pedagogical Grammar]This course consists of a series of workshops designed to enable prospective and practising EFL teachers to develop an up-to-date knowledge and improved awareness of grammatical structures and concepts crucial to the teaching of EFL. The course has both a descriptive and practical focus, to enable students to apply their new understanding to coursebook evaluation and lesson planning as well as materials design and development.
3. [L&S Teaching Techniques and Materials]This course aims to develop learners’ understanding of different approaches to teaching speaking and listening, while at the same time building their confidence to conduct their own lessons. Learners will first partake in a guided reflection of the key aspects of language learners' speaking and listening development today. They will then be guided through a variety of approaches and activities to teaching listening and speaking and begin to design their own mini speaking & listening lesson. Through hands on practice, reflection, and feedback from their peers and professor, learners will gain a deeper understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of various speaking & listening approaches, methods, and activities, and increase their ability to plan and carry out effective lessons.
4. [R&W Teaching Techniques and Materials]This course is an introduction to teaching the skills of reading and writing to second language (SL) learners (with an emphasis on pre-intermediate level learners and above). You will learn how to apply theory to practice and create effective skills-focused lessons and learning material. By the end of the course, you should be able to design short, pedagogically sound reading/writing units of study.
5. [Research Methods]The purpose of this course is to train students to read research reports critically, to master a variety of skills needed to conduct meaningful research in SL/FL situations, and to gain an understanding of the value of reading and conducting research as a crucial part of one's continuing professional development. Topics include design of research, hypothesis construction, data collection procedures, statistical analyses and interpretation.
6. [ELT & Vocabulary]This course focuses on understanding diverse aspects of EFL vocabulary learning and teaching. The course deals with both theoretical studies and practical experiences through reading course books and doing workshops.
7. [Statistical Analysis]This course is designed to introduce students to various statistical topics, concepts, reasoning and procedures (i.e. tools) that can help both consumers and producers of statistical data. This course will serve as the basis for research planning and decision making for theses and dissertations, and as groundwork for more advanced statistics courses.
8. [Practical Teaching Methodology for Young Learners]This is a practical teaching methodology course for young learners. On a macro-level, teachers will develop a critical self-awareness, observation skills and a sense of self-direction. On a micro-level, teachers will experience of a range of practical tasks and activities exemplifying various aspects of L2 methodology directly applicable to the English language classroom. Feedback sessions will highlight teaching strengths and weaknesses.
9. [Practical Teaching Methodology]This is a practical teaching methodology course. On a macro-level, teachers will develop a critical self-awareness, observation skills and a sense of self-direction. On a micro-level, teachers will experience of a range of practical tasks and activities exemplifying various aspects of L2 methodology directly applicable to the English language classroom. Feedback sessions will highlight teaching strengths and weaknesses.
10. [Creative Drama]This unit is the first step toward educational drama experts. It aims to introduce techniques that combine artistic activities, such as painting, music, or dance with ‘play.’ It is especially effective for young learners who just began to learn English. Through the semester, the basic and practical methods of creative drama will be introduced.
11. [Story Drama]Every drama goes with a story. Story Drama is a stage that helps learners make their own drama integrating pre-learned methods in Creative Drama, Process Drama, and Drama and Literacy. Stories, such as old fairy tales, well-known works of literature, singing, and so on, are everywhere. Different types of stories along with appropriate drama techniques are presented in this unit. Students will learn how to create dramas by utilizing the techniques effectively.
12. [Process Drama]Process Drama is a process-driven educational drama that works without scripts, and is an effective way to develop students’ creativity, empathy, and critical thinking skills. This unit will show how to play process drama and how to instruct it. Based on this learning experience, students will design their own process drama, and will be instructed by peer teaching with rich feedback from professors and colleagues.
13. [Drama and Literacy]Along with the advancement of technology, the meaning of literacy is gradually expanding and changing. Now literacy means the ability to understand the cultural symbolism beyond the mere ability to read and write. Drama and Literacy offers a variety of ways to learn new concepts of literacy through educational drama. It also introduces how to apply drama techniques to ESP courses and Content-Language Integration Classes (CLILs).
14. [Thesis 1, 2 / Project 1, 2]Through this course, students learn the procedures and methods of writing academic papers or creating professional projects. Students develop their academic or professional interests into master's thesis or master's projects according to the procedures and methods learned in this course.